Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Spring!

The title is my excuse for having neglected the blog.

Anna and I are loving the outdoors

*I'm sorry, I need to interrupt my blog post here to recount what just happened in our home.

Anna and I are finally getting to the dentist, so we have forms that I brought home for us to fill out. Anna's parents just left from having dinner together and Anna was filling out her forms. Having finished my paperwork, I powered up the computer and turned my attention to a new blog post. I get the above amount typed out before Anna walks through the doorway and says, "What are you doing, writing a blog post?"

She reads what I've already typed out, "Anna and are are loving the outdoors"with that air of judgment that people with English degrees relish.

"Just! I'll edit my own blog post thank you!" I respond, deleting the additional "are."

"Well, I'm bored."

"Grrr...you need to get your life together. How long since you finished filling out that paperwork?"

"I don't know, like 5 minutes" she responds coyly.

"No! You just finished not even a minute ago and you're already bored!"

"Well, I just want to go on a walk or something. 'Anna and are loving the outdoors?'"

"Just give me a minute okay?!" I say without even a hint of patience.

"I'm going to go play the guitar, but only for a little bit and then I want to go for a walk, okay?"

"Sure."

Like I've worked so hard to say, Anna and I are loving the outdoors.

P.S. I love listening to her strum the guitar and sing, it really is beautiful.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hilarious! I can hear your voices as I read this. I did way too much editing in high school to care about grammar anymore; I figured I'm in for it when the boys start school!

Matthew said...

Glorious!! I am working on the the puzzle section.

Kristin said...

Haha, perfect.