Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Age of Jack Bauer


I have never seen even one iota of an episode of 24. I did however, recently turn 24, so I feel rather qualified to comment on the subject. I think 24 is a more appropriate age for me than 23 and I have a few goals / hopes / dreams / prospects (henceforth to be referred to as "G0HoDrePro's") for the year:

1.) Post on this blog more often.
2.) Convert this blog into a complete website with a much cooler template and an updated photo gallery.
3.) Figure out what the proverbial "next step" in life is and make sincere efforts toward it.
4.) Stop agonizing over GoHoDrePro #3 so much and just take a step already.
5.) Read more fiction books. I don't do that enough and I'm starting to think I'm missing out on some great stuff. (Any suggestions?)
6.) Increase my vocabulary.
7.) Take the GRE.
8.) Stop agonizing over GoHoDrePro #7 so much and just take the GRE already.
9.) Spend a lot of time outdoors.
10.) Go kayaking at least once this summer.
11.) Play my guitar more often.
12.) Go to more concerts.
13.) Exercise consistently so my knees work properly again.
14.) Stop being so old. I'm only 24, for the love.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love and miss you. Book recommendation: (actually it's a series) the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlene Harris. It's a nice Buffy-type fix. Actually, I can't put them down. :)

marty said...

on #2-check out e-rice.net

on 7&8-take a notebook to the testing site and leave it in the car - as SOON as you leave the testing site WRITE DOWN everything you remember about the test that you were unsure of. Reschedule the test IMMEDIATELY and STUDY everything you wrote down. (obviously this only applies if you need a retake)

on #11-Guitar stand - right next to the piano so you can pick it up without having to get it out of the case.

on #13-i know, i know...MONDAY i'll get you the $ for the membership.

you're not old, for the love...

--- dad ---

MrsDoF said...

Having just spent more than I should have at Barnes & Noble, I can say that I just opened _The Laws of Harmony_ by Judith Ryan Hendricks.
I already own all her previous books, so I figure I will like this one.
The main gal is in her high-20s, so you might relate to her trying to find a job that fits, being tired of the place where she lives, etc.

I'm only 20 pages in, but so far, I'm good.

MrsDoF

ps the origami hearts are adorable
DOF and I went to see _CORALINE_ which requires some neato glasses to view. The story and special effects are done well.