In the "Anna's so clueless" file, today is apparently Valentine's Day. This is a fact I was unaware of for a few reasons:
1.) I thought this past Thursday was my work anniversary, Feb. 19. It was not. It was Feb. 12.
2.) I did not pack up any leftovers for lunch on the aforementioned Thursday of Confusion because I thought it was the day my department was going out to lunch for a coworker's birthday. It was not.
3.) I'm not really a Valentine's Day person.
So imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to "Happy Valentine's Day!" and a collection of cute origami hearts (pictured above) arranged on the coffee table downstairs (on top of our current coffee table puzzle - a winter scene in Amish country, go figure). Now, before everyone freaks out and calls Dr. James Dobson on me, Jesse and I actually talked about not buying into Valentine's Day. He's just cute, so he made me origami hearts regardless.
If you buy into it, Happy Valentine's Day. If you don't, go read this rant I wrote in undergrad and forgive the (literally) sophomoric writing.
Addendum: I am not as angry of a person as I was my sophomore year in college. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the cuteness of the origami hearts.
2 comments:
Anna,
LOVE the photo --- and the idea --- Jesse --- what a romantic!!! You're a lucky gal! --- congrats on the oragami --- I, myself, received tulips --- red ones --- delivered by the Man himself --- at work ---- we, sort of, celebrate Valentine's day --- AM & UL
jesse, i'm impressed. very simple and creative. thanks for the tip on the post anna.
Post a Comment